Okay, I am definitely seeing the hype on this no-cook recipe.
I saw this in my Instagram feed when my friend, heydebbiegene posted a picture of her own overnight oatmeal. Seeing that it actually looked good (and looked yummy, btw), I told her I’ll be making one. The thing is, I was supposed to buy the ingredients for it but my impatient self had to create one now. So, I present to you, my tweaked No-Cook Overnight Banana and Chocolate Oatmeal!
Here are the ingredients:
- 3/4 cup skimmed milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1 medium/large banana
- 1 teaspoon powdered chocolate/sweetener of your choice (optional)
Once you have all the ingredients, you can now start with this really, really simple, quick and easy overnight healthy recipe.
- Slice the banana horizantally. Set aside.
- In a cold cup/mason jar, combine the milk, oats and chocolate powder. If you poured the contents in a jar, make sure to seal it properly and shake it well. If you poured them in a cold cup or any other container with a straw-hole on its lid, stir the ingredients well using a spoon or stirrer.
- Once everything is properly mixed well, add in half of the sliced banana and stir once more. Make sure, again, that everything is well mixed.
- Lastly, refrigerate overnight. In the morning, before eating this oatmeal recipe, add in the remaining slices of the banana.
So, I have a few tweaks in this recipe. I put in 3/4 mashed bananas and the remaining as toppings. I added the toppings as soon as I finished mixing everything and before putting it in the fridge. What I really like about this recipe is that this really can be changed depending on your ingredients and how much you like it. It all depends on your taste buds!
I’ll be trying mine tomorrow. I hope it isn’t such a failure. LOL. Let me know on your comments below if you liked this recipe! 🙂
Photo credits: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/1c/f9/b41cf91a5ae47cca551592f7d2544f7d.jpg